Recipe: Appetizing Full of Jonathan Apples! My Family's Apple Pie Recipe
Full of Jonathan Apples! My Family's Apple Pie Recipe.
You can have Full of Jonathan Apples! My Family's Apple Pie Recipe using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Full of Jonathan Apples! My Family's Apple Pie Recipe
- You need 1 of Jonathan apples.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆Water.
- You need 2 of sheets Frozen puff pastry.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of to glaze Egg yolk for glazing.
Full of Jonathan Apples! My Family's Apple Pie Recipe step by step
- Preparation: Partially defrost the frozen puff pastry. Pre-heat the oven to 210℃..
- Peel the Jonathan apple. Cut the apple in half and divide one half into 8 vertical sections. Then cut each section into 2 – 3 mm thick wedges..
- Take the other half of the apple and cut vertically into 2 – 3 mm thick wedges..
- Add the ingredients marked with ☆ into a frying pan and apply heat until they turn a caramel colour..
- When the mixture is a caramel colour, add the apple slices from step 2. Brown the apples until they become soft and also a caramel colour..
- Brown until the water has evaporated from the apples and they are the same color as in the photo. Then leave to cool..
- Take 1 frozen puff pastry sheet and lay the caramelized apples on top. Remember not to spread them over the entire width of the pastry sheet, there should be a gap at the edges as in the photo..
- Lay the raw apple slices from step 3, over the top of the caramelised apple and sprinkle with a layer of sugar..
- If you have one, roll a lattice roller over the other pastry sheet, if not, make a cut along the pastry evenly spaced every 5 mm to create a lattice pattern. Scatter a little water over the pie underneath..
- Press the sides together gently to seal and after brushing over your glaze, pop in the pre-heated oven for roughly 30 minutes at 200℃..
- The combination of caramelized and fresh apples gives the pie a beautiful syrupy yet crispy texture..