Recipe: Perfect Beef and Cheese Empanadas
Beef and Cheese Empanadas.
You can cook Beef and Cheese Empanadas using 27 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef and Cheese Empanadas
- It’s of EMPANADA FILLING.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of poblano pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 oz of button mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 1 of 10 ounce can Rotel tomatos,with mild chilis.
- You need 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of EMPANADAS WRAPPERS.
- It’s 20 of thawed frozen empanada pastry rounds, I used Goza brand or homemade.
- It’s 1 of egg wash, which is 1 large egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- Prepare of FOR SERVING, AS A DIPPING SAUCE.
- Prepare 1 of recipe Chipotle Ranch dipping sauce. Recipe attached in directions.
Beef and Cheese Empanadas step by step
- Combine the ground beef with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley..
- Chop all vegetables..
- In a large skillet , heat oil, add seasoned ground beef and brown..Add all.chopped vegetables and cook until.vegetables are tender about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes with all juices, cream and honey. Cook until well blended and not much liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Add beaten egg and mix in thoroughly..
- Off heat add cheddar and romano cheese, mix in and cool filling completely. This can be made and refrigerated up to 2 days before filling pastry..
- FILL EMPANADA PASTRY CIRCLES.
- Lay pastry flat on work surface, brush inside edges with egg wash..
- Put a heaping tablespoon filling in the center of pastry..
- .lift pastry over to Completely enclose filling. Press all edges to seal..
- With the tines of a fork press to completely seal in filling..
- Brush empanada with egg wash.
- With a quick stab poke the tines of a fork in top of empanada for venting.In a small bowl mix the romano and granulated garlic, sprinkle evenly on tops of empanadas.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Place empanadas about 2 inches apart on prepared sheet. Bake 18 to 23 minutes until puffed and golden brown..
- Serve with Chipotle Ranch Dip/ Sauce recipe attached bellow https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341757-chipotle-ranch-dip-sauce-spread-andor-dressing.
- NOTE; These can be individually frozen after cooling completely. Reheat in a 400 oven on a rack until just hot and crisp about 5 to 10 minutes..