Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Pain Perdu (French Toast)
Pain Perdu (French Toast).
You can cook Pain Perdu (French Toast) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pain Perdu (French Toast)
- You need 2 slice of Bread.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter or vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 pinch of Ground Nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
Pain Perdu (French Toast) instructions
- Cut each slice of bread in half and place them in a plate.
- In a bowl, add the egg, the milk, the sugar and the nutmeg and mix them together with a fork. You will get a mixture that will look like the one in the picture below. The color of your mixture might be a little bit different from mine because I use nestle milk. I like to use this milk because I think I taste better. The picture of the milk that I used is below. However, you are free to use any milk you want.
- Pour all mixture over the bread and wait for about 1-2 minutes..
- While you wait for the bread to be soaked. Put a pan on the stove on HI and add the butter or the vegetable oil. Wait 1 minute and add the bread. Once you've added the bread reduce the oven to MED.
- Return the bread as soon as one side turn gold. Et voila it's ready! Hope you will enjoy.