Recipe: Yummy Stuffed Strawberry Cream French Toast
Stuffed Strawberry Cream French Toast.
You can cook Stuffed Strawberry Cream French Toast using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Strawberry Cream French Toast
- It’s of Filling.
- You need 1 cup of Cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Strawberry Jam(any type you choose, I listed the homemade jam I used).
- It’s of French toast.
- Prepare 3 slice of of thick Bread(of your choice).
- You need 1 stick of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of Vanilla bean pod(or 1tsp vanilla extract).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- It’s 1 of Maple syrup for dressing.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh strawberries for garnish.
- Prepare of Homemade Jam(makes 2 pints. Time: 3-4 hours).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Rhubarb, sliced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Fresh strawberries, hulled and halved.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Agave syrup.
- You need 5 tsp of Low sugar pectin (can be bought at Walmart).
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon, zest and juiced.
Stuffed Strawberry Cream French Toast instructions
- For the Jam(You will need jars for this): place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat..
- Start stirring the jam, keep it hot enough that the fruit mix stays at a low, rolling boil..
- While the Jam is heating. Get your jars and lids ready for canning and have a large pot of water heating on the stove top..
- Once the jam starts thickening and the fruit has mostly broken down, remove from the heat..
- Fill each jar, leaving 1/2 inch headspace, place the lid on the jar. Then let the filled jars sit in a water bath canner.(in the large pot of water that you have heating on the stove, the picture shows how the water bath canner process should look like)..
- Leave the jars in the water bath canner for 12 minutes..
- Remove jars from the water bath canner and them sit on a rack, unmoved for a couple of hours(2-3 hours), until they cooled and the lids have popped..
- French Toast: start of with whisking together the jam and cream cheese in a bowl. Pour the filling in a piping bag and set aside..
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the heavy cream and egg to the same bowl and mix it together..
- Cut the vanilla pod open and scrape the inside, mix it in the bowl. Toss in the pod as well(just to add more flavor). Give it a light mix. Set the mix aside..
- Cut your bread slices, diagonally. Then cut each half open and pipe in the filling..
- Once you filled the slices with the strawberry cream filling, grab a nonstick skillet. Add 1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter to the skillet over medium heat..
- Meanwhile, soak the first slice of stuffed bread in the mix you made earlier. Let one slice soak for 10 seconds on each side then transfer it to the heated skillet with the melted butter..
- Cook the slice for 3-4 minute on each side or until each side is golden brown..
- Repeat the procedure for each slice. Melt 1/2 tbs of butter, soak slice 10 secs each side and add to skillet, cook until each side is golden brown..