Recipe: Yummy Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf
Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf.
You can have Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf
- Prepare of main.
- It’s of lean ground beef.
- It’s of 6-8 ounces grated Swiss cheese.
- It’s of small onion, fine dice.
- You need of 4-5 ounces chopped mushrooms.
- You need of bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs.
- It’s of milk or half and half.
- Prepare of medium egg.
- It’s of Bacon bits.
- Prepare of topping.
- It’s of grated Swiss cheese.
- Prepare of Bacon bits.
Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using regular bacon, 7-9 thin strips (thick cut is not recommended), cook to crispy, but not overdone. Crumble when cooled. Skip this step of using bacon bits..
- Cook onion until translucent, just a little oil (or bacon grease) in skillet. Set aside to cool..
- In a large bowl, mix beef, egg and milk.
- Add onion and chopped mushrooms, mix some more.
- Add cheese, bacon bits (reserve some for topping) and bread crumbs, mix well.
- Shape into a loaf on a sheet pan, or use a loaf pan..
- Bake for 1 hour (uncovered).
- Remove from oven, carefully drain fat. This is how much I got from my 93/7 mix (see photo).
- Sprinkle remaining bacon on top, then the remaining cheese.
- Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes to melt cheese to your level of doneness..
- Remove, let sit 10 minutes before serving..