Recipe: Delicious Italian style meatloaf
Italian style meatloaf. Add Italian flavor to a homestyle meat loaf recipe with tomato-basil pasta sauce, Italian breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and oregano. The Italian style versus the American Meatloaf! I do tweak it one tiny bit.
Italian-style meatloaf is a spin on the classic dish with Italian seasonings, sweet marinara sauce This twist on the classic meatloaf is a great main dish that can stretch well with accompaniment of. cups Italian-style tomato sauce, for serving. halve mixture into two meatloaf pans. Italian Meatloaf is a tender, flavorful meatloaf made from a combination of ground beef and Italian sausage. Cooked in a rich tomato sauce and covered with a thick layer of Fontina cheese. You can cook Italian style meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian style meatloaf
- It’s of meat.
- Prepare of Italian sausage.
- It’s of ground beef, lower fat is better.
- You need of veggies.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- It’s of bell peppers.
- Prepare of fresh basil, about a handful.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of other.
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of parmesan cheese.
- It’s of grinds black pepper.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of Bread crumbs or rolled oats.
- Prepare of topping.
- It’s of tomato sauce.
Polpettone is an Italian-style meatloaf with flavors that will put it on par with the beef-based, tomato Italian-Style Meatloaf. With a few changes, this meatloaf recipe is now a healthy family meal that. Italian-style meatloaves are often stuffed with whole hard-boiled eggs, or wrapped in slices of ham or pancetta. Italian Meatball and Meatloaf Recipes So this week I did a spin on an old classic – Italian meatloaf.
Italian style meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put all your meat into a large bowl.
- Chop your onion, I happen to use green onions this time because that's what I had this time, but usually I use regular yellow onion.
- Chiffonade (cut in strips across the width) your fresh basil.
- Dice your garlic cloves.
- Dice your bell peppers, I had baby ones so I used more since they were small..
- Break your eggs into a small bowl and scramble them. Add to meat bowl..
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the meat bowl.
- Mix well, I just use my hands..
- Form a loaf, this is on a 9 X 12 roasting pan..
- If you desire, about 10-15 minutes before finished, spread the tomato sauce on top to allow it to cook in. I am not a big fan of doing this, so I don't..
- Cook for 60-70 minutes, an internal temp of 160°F..
- Let rest about 5-10 minutes before cutting..
- This time I served with corn, Pablo pepper rice..
And I think you're gonna love this version. With all the herbs baked into the meatloaf it's more traditional Italian style, but the marinara. This is my Mother-In-laws Italian Meatloaf Recipe, and it is great hot or cold! You can vary this recipe by using various different ingredients you have on hand as long as you. As an ex-Olympic style weightlifter I've been enjoying your Crossfit tales.