Easiest Way to Make Perfect Turkey meatloaf
You can cook Turkey meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey meatloaf
- It’s 1 lb of ground lean turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 bunch of small bunch of parsley, chopped finely.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion, white or yellow for milder flavor..
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs or can use 1/2 cup rolled oats to be healthier.
- Prepare 5 of grinds of pepper or about 1 tsp black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar or 1/2 cup applesauce to be healthier.
- Prepare 1 of large squeeze ketchup, about 1/3 cup.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced or shredded carrots, for a different flavor, this is optional.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced celery, optional.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh or dried sage, optional…will add a thanksgiving flavor.
Turkey meatloaf step by step
- Put oven at 325, cook for one hour. May need longer, I sometimes do 85 minutes! I don't like it soo moist!.
- Mix all ingredients, add egg last before Turkey meat. Gently mix in Turkey meat..
- Cover top of meatloaf with enough ketchup to cover so you can't see the meat. Coat pan in olive oil..
- Shape loaf in bread pan and cover for first 30 minutes, second half the last 20-30 minutes leave uncovered..
- Make sure Turkey is cooked all the way through before you eat it!! It will be moist if you do egg n applesauce n ketchup in the mix!.