Easiest Way to Make Appetizing One Pot Recipe! Pickled Lotus Root for Osechi!
One Pot Recipe! Pickled Lotus Root for Osechi!.
You can have One Pot Recipe! Pickled Lotus Root for Osechi! using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One Pot Recipe! Pickled Lotus Root for Osechi!
- Prepare 1 small of cut Lotus root.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1 of generous pinch Salt.
- Prepare 120 ml of Water.
- Prepare 4 of cm Kombu.
- You need 1/2 of Red chili pepper (cut into small, bite-sized pieces).
One Pot Recipe! Pickled Lotus Root for Osechi! instructions
- Put all the ingredients except for the lotus root and red chili pepper in a pot, and let sit for 30 minutes. While waiting, proceed to Step 2..
- Peel the lotus root and cut into 3-4 mm thick slices. Quickly place the cut slices into vinegar water and soak for about 15 minutes..
- Cut small, angled 'V' shapes from the edges of the slices, between the small holes (see picture above). Round off the corners to make the slices look like flowers..
- Heat the Step 1 pot, and remove the konbu before the mixture starts to boil..
- When it comes to a boil, add the lotus root. Wait for it to come to the boil for a second time, and then turn off the heat immediately..
- Add the red chili pepper and leave to cool (it will continue to cook a little in residual heat and become beautifully crispy)..
- Put everything, including the liquid, into a tupperware container (or similar) and put in the refrigerator. Leave overnight, and serve..