Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Tomato & Pork, Cheese Melts
Tomato & Pork, Cheese Melts.
You can have Tomato & Pork, Cheese Melts using 17 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato & Pork, Cheese Melts
- It’s 3/4 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 medium of green tomato (chopped).
- It’s 1 medium of yellow tomato (chopped).
- Prepare 1 medium of firm red tomato (chopped).
- You need 1 medium of orange pepper ( smaller chopped\diced).
- You need 1 medium of white or yellow onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilanto (chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of jarred minced garlic with juices.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of salt n pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of flatbread cut into 18 triangles.
- It’s 1 of olive oil (see recipe).
- You need 1 medium of yellow/orange tomato sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 medium of red tomato sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of brick motzarella cheese (8oz).
- You need 1 of fresh baby chives cut into 1 1/2inch long pieces.
Tomato & Pork, Cheese Melts step by step
- preheat oven to 350.
- gently brush a small amount of olive oil on each side of your 18 pieces of triangled flatbread.. toast for about 15 minutes in oven flipping halfway through. they will be done when lightly crisped..
- remove from oven and set aside…
- in a large skillet place 2 tbl. oil.. add ground pork, onion, orange pepper, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt pepper and garlic.. sautee for 10 min. then add the diced green tomato..
- heat until pork is cooked through.. make sure your pork is in smaller pieces not large chunks..
- add yellow and red diced tomatoes.. cook until tomatoes start to break down..about 10 more minutes…
- remove from heat and place into a bowl. removing some of the liquid but not all..
- turn oven onto broil.. high…
- slice the brick of cheese into thin 1/4 inch slices. as pictured..
- place flatbread triangles on a cookie sheet and place a small amount of the tomato pork mix onto the flatbread so its covered. but not to high where it will topple..
- then add 1 slice of tomato per flatbread on top of the tomato pork mix..
- then add 2 slices of cheese on top of tomato..
- place 3 small pieces of baby chive pretty like across the top of cheese..
- place into broiler until cheese is melted and slightly browned..
- serve with sour cream, salsa, guacamole or whatever u would like.. great served alongside mexican rice..
- also great for an appetizer..
- if u don't like cilantro u can add less or omit….
- u can sub motz cheese with queso,or cheddar!.