How to Cook Perfect Sourdough French Toast
Sourdough French Toast.
You can cook Sourdough French Toast using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough French Toast
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of agave syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 8 of (1/2-inch) slices stale sourdough.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
Sourdough French Toast step by step
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, agave and salt..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak 1 minute, flipping half way. The softer your bread the less time you need..
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a saute pan..
- Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, about 90 seconds per side..
- Repeat with all 8 slices..
- Set a wire rack inside large rimmed baking sheets. Place bread on rack and put in oven for 5 minutes..
- Serve immediately topped with syrup or yogurt and berries..