Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze
Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze. A flavorful turkey meatloaf made with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, fresh herbs, and complemented by a tangy balsamic glaze makes a light alternative to the classic Adjust salt and pepper if desired. Thoroughly mix turkey mixture with hands and form into a meatloaf; place loaf on a baking sheet. Meat loaf is the ultimate comfort food.
The best meatloaf recipe topped with a sweet and tangy glaze. Learn how to make a meatloaf from scratch that's fork-tender and juicy by adding a panade. __ ⬇. This triple-meat meatloaf recipe is made with beef, pork, and veal, flavored with buttermilk or tomato juice and topped with a tangy ketchup glaze. You can have Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze
- Prepare of medium onion, minced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare of zucchini, cored and finely chopped.
- It’s of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- It’s of pinky-sized nub ginger, peeled and freshly grated.
- You need of Maggi seasoning.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of plain white bread.
- Prepare of lean ground beef.
- It’s of lean ground pork.
- It’s of large egg.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of ketchup.
- Prepare of sweet chili sauce.
- It’s of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of brown sugar.
While the meatloaf bakes you can mix together the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar in a glass bowl. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the. Glaze: While meatloaf is cooking place ingredients for glaze in a sauce pan and cook on stove top until the brown sugar is dissolved. This was a very good recipe.
Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze instructions
- Put a good splash of olive oil into a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and let cook for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the veg to the pan along with the ginger, Maggi, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Let cook until the veg starts to caramelize (about 5 minutes). Take the pan off the heat and let cool to room temperature. While waiting, preheat your oven to 375 F..
- In a bowl, add the milk to 3 slices of bread. Use your hands to work them, tearing the slices apart as you go. You should end up with barely moist bits of bread..
- Add the bread to a large mixing bowl along with the cooled veg, both meats, egg and soy sauce. Add a couple of grinds of black pepper, then knead everything together. Be careful not to overmix, or you'll end up with tough meat. You just want to combine the ingredients..
- Lay the remaining 2 slices of bread at the bottom of a 6 x 8 loaf pan (they'll serve as sponges to soak up excess oil). Pour the meat mixture into the pan and gently spread it out until it's even. Push the meat into the pan slightly but fight the urge to really pack it down..
- Add the ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to a small pot on medium-low heat. Warm through while whisking until the sugar just melts. Use half of the sauce to glaze the top of the meat, then put the loaf in the oven. Let bake for 30 minutes..
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the loaf. Turn the heat up to 400 F and let bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the loaf reaches 155 F. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving. Don't forget to remove the 2 pieces of bread from the bottom..
When I was looking over the ingredients for the meatloaf, I felt like there wouldn't be much flavor (I'm big on. Classic Meatloaf with Sweet and Tangy Glaze Inquiring Chef. Very Best Meatloaf with Brown Sugar Ketchup Glaze Tops Friendly Markets. I like the sweet and tangy option to mix things up,but the sweetness of the meatloaf too was just too much. Would probably just serve the sauce with a traditional recipe in the.