How to Make Perfect Nettie's Traditional Green Chili
Nettie's Traditional Green Chili.
You can have Nettie's Traditional Green Chili using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nettie's Traditional Green Chili
- You need 2 lb of pork stew meat, cubed into bit size pieces.
- You need 12 of fresh tomatillos (cubed).
- Prepare 1 cup of coarsely chopped onion.
- You need 14 oz of swanson chicken broth.
- It’s 12 of fresh roasted, peeled and seeded green chilies – more spicy chilies will make hotter chili (i had to google how to do this part and it is simple but a bit time consuming and is not listed as part of the prep time).
- You need 3 of fresh jalapeno's diced and seeded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flower.
- Prepare 3 clove of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of recipe found at denvergreenchili.com.
Nettie's Traditional Green Chili step by step
- Salt and pepper the pork and sprinkle the flower over. Brown and drain..
- Add, onions, tomatillos, jalapeno's, green chilies and seasonings. Cook until soft and light brown. (I cooked the onions, garlic and jalapeño first with the meat, put all that in mg crock pot than cooked the remainder finally adding the seasonings into the crock pot and mixing thoroughly).
- Pour the chicken broth in crock pot and turn on high. Add the browned pork mixture. (I skipped the broth as I like a thicker green chili and found the mixture already quite moist).
- Cook on high for 5 or 6 hours. Add more broth as needed. Not too thin or too thick! (was not needed for me).
- Turn the from pot on low for a couple more hours. The heat comes from the green chilies. Use Hot Hatch Green Chilies if that is what you want!.