Easiest Way to Make Perfect Apple upside-down french toast
Apple upside-down french toast.
You can have Apple upside-down french toast using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple upside-down french toast
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 of loaf whole-wheat french bread cut into 1 1/2 in. thick slices.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of low fat milk.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 cup of toasted sliced almonds or chopped walnuts.
Apple upside-down french toast instructions
- Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until bubbles appear, stirring frequently. Pour in a 13 X 9 baking pan and spread evenly on the bottom. Let cool. Place apple slices in rows, close together, on top of sauce in the pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Place bread slices on top of apples..
- Combine milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour over bread in pan. Sprinkle nutmeg on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover pan and place in oven. Bake 60 min. or until golden brown and crispy on top. Scoop servings so that apple slices are on top. Spoon sauce from the pan over each serving. Sprinkle with almonds or walnuts if using..