Recipe: Appetizing Pear & Havarti French Toast
Pear & Havarti French Toast.
You can have Pear & Havarti French Toast using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pear & Havarti French Toast
- You need 2 of pears, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 4 slice of havarti cheese.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 8 slice of French loaf.
- It’s 1 of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Maple Syrup.
Pear & Havarti French Toast step by step
- Peel and dice pears. Saute in half of the butter (2 tbsp) in a skillet for 1-2 minutes. Add cinnamon, mix, and continue to cook at medium heat for 7-8 minutes, or until pears are tender..
- While pears are cooking, arrange the Havarti cheese on the slices of bread. Then, whisk together the eggs and milk in a large dish..
- When pears are tender, place them between the bread slices, to make 4 sandwiches..
- Dunk the sandwiches into the egg-milk mixture so that all sides are evenly coated..
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet. Place the sandwiches (in batches of 2) in the skillet, and allow to cook until bottom is golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes. Flip the sandwiches and cook until the other side is golden and crispy..
- Top with icing sugar and maple syrup, if desired..