How to Cook Yummy Sausage Chili
You can have Sausage Chili using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage Chili
- You need 1 Lb. of Dry Beans.
- Prepare 6 of Italian Sausages.
- You need 2 of Small Onions.
- You need 1 Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 Can of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 Can of Corn.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 2 of Jalapeños.
- It’s of Herbs.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Pk. Sazón.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 Tbs. of Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Chili Flakes.
- Prepare of Few Shakes Creole Seasonings.
- You need 1 of Tomato Bullion Cube (Optional).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 3-4 of Bay Leaves.
Sausage Chili step by step
- Soak beans in cold water for 24 hours..
- Place sausages (and bullion cube) in pot with 12 cups water. Bring to a boil, then a simmer. Meanwhile, add herbs of your choice, chopped onions, chili flake, garlic and jalapeños to olive oil. Cook slowly in the oil until some color is achieved. Careful not to burn anything. Remove herbs and allow to cool..
- When oil has cooled, add into the pot with the pot along with the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and bay leaves. Allow liquid to reduce by about 1/3..
- Add in beans, brown sugar and all aforementioned spices. Simmer and allow to reduce a bit. Stir occasionally..
- Add in corn along with its juices. The amount of liquid in the pot may seem alarming at times. Fear not, you’ll be playing the reducing and stirring game for hours. Be sure to add a wealthy pinch of salt and copious black pepper. Simmer, stir, add water and taste occasionally..
- It’s done when the beans don’t break your teeth. No, they should almost melt in your mouth. The sausages should just slice with a spoon. You can take them out of the casings beforehand if you’d like..
- I topped mine with a bit of cheese and green onion. It took about 4 hours of simmering to get the beans done and the viscosity to my liking. Times will vary depending on your beans. I suggest you cancel plans for the day if you’re going to be making this..