Recipe: Tasty Classic meatloaf.
Classic meatloaf.. Easy recipe for the best homemade meatloaf ever! Made with ground beef, bread crumbs, and a sweet and tangy ketchup based glaze topping. Classic Meatloaf Haiku: "So close to five stars!
It might not be the sexiest piece of food, but damn is it delish. Especially in a sandwich the next day OR with a fried egg on top. Classic Meatloaf is classic comfort food. You can have Classic meatloaf. using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic meatloaf.
- You need 2 lb of Ground Beef(Ground Round or Ground Turkey).
- You need 1 cup of Oatmeal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Peppers(Mix of Green, Yellow & Red).
- Prepare 1 clove of Large or 2 Small.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1/3 cup of steak sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of burbon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce(Sweet Baby Rays).
- Prepare 2 large of eggs beaten.
My easy version has a rich tomato topping, flavoured with My Mom preferred a loaf pan. Secondly, I like some tomato paste in my tomato topping, for a richer. MEATLOAF is one of American's top comfort foods. Made with ground chuck beef, onions, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, etc.
Classic meatloaf. instructions
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place ground beef to large bowl..
- Add all other ingredients in bowl with ground beef, except the eggs.
- Beat 2 eggs lightly in separate bowl. Add to beef mixture..
- Work all ingredients together to evenly distribute though out the beef..
- Place in large glass oven safe dish..
- In a small bowl combine 1/4C BBQ sauce, 2TBLS worchtishire, and 2TBLS steak sauce mix and add to top of meat loaf.
- Place on middle oven rack and bake for 45 minutes..
- At end of 45 min check meatloaf using an instant read thermometer, must be at least 160°F..
- Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes to let meatloaf relax..
- Uncover and serve.
My mom made this Classic Meatloaf Recipe all the time when I was growing up. If you want to take this Classic Meatloaf up a notch, try this Stuffed Meatloaf. I added two large carrots and a zucchini, in addition to the half onion, all shredded in the food processor since I hauled it out to crumb the white bread. Classic Meatloaf. back to all recipes. Classic Meatloaf – The last meatloaf recipe you'll ever need!