Recipe: Perfect Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats)
Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats).
You can cook Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats)
- Prepare 1 cup of V8 original veggie juice or any tomato based veggie juice u like (can use plain tomato juice or a generic version).
- Prepare 1 can of diced, crushed or petite tomatoes, about 14-16 ounces (no salt added).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of grape jelly.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of dark colored brown sugar bbq sauce (i use hunts or sweet baby rays).
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried onion flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
Tomato & Barbeque Sweet Glaze (for meatloaf & other meats) step by step
- Mix BBQ sauce, grape jelly & brown sugar together in a sauce pan over low heat.
- While that's going if using regular diced tomatoes squeeze n crush them in a bowl using ur hands! Save tomato juice that's in tomatoes! ( if u don't like ur sauce chunky u can use processor or blender).
- Add the tomatoes with juice as well as V8 juice, garlic, oregano, parsley & onion flakes to the pot! Stir to blend all ingredients! Let simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes to an hour… If u want it thinner just use less cooking time, thicker use longer cooking time!.
- Put this over ur favorite meatloaf! It will work for a beef meatloaf, turkey meatloaf, chicken meatloaf, pork chops, roast, steak, pork roast… U can use on just about any meat u want to spice up with a little somethin extra! Also one little tip is when I use it for my meatloaf I spoon it over before it goes in oven then again when there's about 30 or so minutes left of cook time….
- U can adjust this recipe to ur liking! Sometimes I use less brown sugar depending on how sweet the BBQ sauce is that I'm using! Sometimes I add a little crushed red pepper flakes if I want more of a spicy kick!.
- This makes a good bit of sauce so if not using all of it then it can be frozen for later use! Best way is to put in ice trays n freeze n then pop out n transfer to a freezer storage bag! Thaw in microwave or on low to medium heat on stove! Then just use it on whatever meat or meatloaf u want to use it on! Hope all enjoys! :).