How to Prepare Yummy Meatloaf
You can have Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- You need of Meatloaf.
- You need of Ground Beef.
- You need of Diced Onion, Bell Peppers (Optional).
- You need of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Prepare of Egg.
- It’s of Bread Crumbs.
- It’s of French Dressing (Low Calorie Works Too).
- Prepare of Ketchup Topping.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- You need of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s of Brown Sugar.
Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Mix the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. The amounts are your preference, but the Worcestershire is strong, so be careful..
- Saute onions and peppers, if you're using any, until they're soft. Don't use too many, or the loaf may not stick together correctly..
- In a bowl, mix the hamburger, onion soup mix, veggies, and the egg. I suggest using your hands; it's the best way to mix thoroughly..
- Next is the French dressing and bread crumbs. This is a bit tricky at first, but trust me you'll get it once you start. Add about 1/2 cup of each to start, and add from there what you need to make sure the loaf isn't dry or too sticky. It should come off your fingers, but not crumble..
- Put it into a loaf pan (we use the same one that we would for banana bread). My mom used glass, we use metal, and it doesn't matter too much..
- Bake about 30 minutes, until the top feels firmer..
- You can drain some of the grease now if you want, we tilt the pan and hold the loaf with a paper towel. Then spread plenty of the ketchup mix on top, and bake for another 15 minutes..
- Of course, if it doesn't seem cooked through, it can easily take more time..
- Give it maybe ten extra minutes to cool, and enjoy!.