How to Make Delicious Ground Beef Chili
Ground Beef Chili.
You can cook Ground Beef Chili using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chili
- You need 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cans of pinto beans (rinsed and drained).
- You need 1 can of chopped green chilies.
- You need 1 can of low sodium beef broth.
- It’s 2 of poblanos.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion.
- It’s To taste of Hot peppers.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ancho Chile powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Organic No-Salt added (Costco's brand).
- You need 1 tsp of Montreal seasoning.
Ground Beef Chili instructions
- In a dutch oven sweat the onion, poblano and hot peppers. Once they are soft stir in the tomato paste..
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a jar while the veggies are sweating. Make sure they are thoroughly mixed..
- When the tomato paste is incorporated add the ground beef. Cook until it is mostly done with just a little pink left and add half the jar of dried spices..
- Let simmer for 10 minutes to allow the spices to incorporate. Add the green chilies, beans and rest of the dry spices..
- Let cook for another 10 minutes. Add the broth to the pot, depending on how much liquid is in there and your preference will determine if you need the whole can or not..
- Simmer for another 2 hours and then let cool. You can eat it the same day but for some reason chili always seems to taste better the next day with fresh cornbread..
- The next day heat oven to 200° and let the dutch oven hang out for hours stirring occasionally and eat when ready!.