Recipe: Delicious Grilled Pizza Dough
Grilled Pizza Dough.
You can have Grilled Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Pizza Dough
- You need 600 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Prepare 14 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- It’s 12 g of Sea Salt,.
- It’s 1 TSP of Active Instant Dry Yeast,.
- It’s 205 g of Water,.
- It’s of Sesame Oil, 20g + More For Greasing.
Grilled Pizza Dough step by step
- In a large bowl, add in flour, sugar and salt. Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix. Add in yeast and mix to combine well. Create a well in the center. Gradually, pour in the water and oil while still mixing with your other hand or spatula. Combine the mixture well until it becomes a dough. You can do this by hand or a spatula..
- Once it becomes a dough, knead the dough inside the bowl until all the nooks and crannies of flour is kneaded into the dough, about 8 to 10 minutes. The dough should be smooth and tacky, but not sticky. It should pass the "window-pane" test. If the dough is too dry, add in water, 1 TBSP at a time. If the dough is too sticky, add in flour, 1 TBSP at a time. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions using a weight scale. Roll each portion into balls..
- Lightly grease the dough balls with sesame oil. Transfer the dough balls into each individual zip lock bag and seal or wrap in cling film. Let sit at room temperature for 30 mins. After 30 mins, place the dough in the fridge. Let the dough ferment in the fridge overnight..
- You can keep the dough balls in the fridge for up to 3 days or 3 months in the freezer.* On pizza grilling day, take the dough out from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours for shaping and grilling. *If you intend to freeze the dough, thaw the dough in the fridge overnight and let the dough sit at room temperature at least 2 hours before shaping and grilling.*.
- The distinctive shape of grilled pizza is its oblong oval shape. To achieve that shape, place a dough ball onto a lightly floured surface. Press the ball down with your palm. Using a rolling pin and roll into an oblong oval shape to about 1/8 inch thick. Lightly poke all over the dough with a fork. Poke, poke, poke. Brush the dough with oil..
- On a griddle over medium heat, gently place the shaped dough, oiled side down onto the griddle. Brush the top side of the dough with oil. As soon as the bottom starts to charred, flip the pizza. Add whichever toppings as desire. Cover to generate steam for the cheeses to melt. Carefully remove from heat and serve immediately..