How to Cook Perfect Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly)
Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly).
You can cook Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly)
- You need 8 slices of thick-cut Texas toast bread.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
- It’s of Maple syrup, for serving.
Baked French Toast Sticks (Freezer-Friendly) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease it with cooking spray..
- Cut each slice of bread into three sticks widthwise..
- In a large shallow dish or bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract..
- Dip each stick of bread in the egg mixture, coating it on all sides, then shake off the excess and arrange it on the baking sheet. Repeat the dipping process, arranging the French toast sticks on the baking sheet so that they aren’t touching..
- Bake the French toast sticks for 12 minutes then flip them once, spray them lightly with cooking spray and return them to the oven for an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through..
- Remove the French toast sticks from the oven and serve warm with maple syrup..
- To freeze the French toast sticks for quick reheating, bake them as directed then cool completely and package in a sealable plastic bag. To reheat, remove frozen French toast sticks from the freezer and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until warmed through. (I did some in sandwich bags then the ziplock bag, that way I can just pull one or two bags out, or the kids can just grab them).
- This was frozen for 3-4 days before I used any… this worked out great, now the kids can grab and go lol and make their own…..