Recipe: Perfect Bengali khichuri recipe
Bengali khichuri recipe.
You can cook Bengali khichuri recipe using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bengali khichuri recipe
- You need 2 cups of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of Moong dal.
- Prepare As needed of vegetables.
- It’s As needed of Cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Potato.
- You need 1 of Beans.
- Prepare 500 grams of Peas total vegetables.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 2 of onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of jeera powder roasted.
- You need 2 of green chilli.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of haldi powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 4 tsp of ghee.
- You need 4 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions chopped for garnishing fried onions.
- It’s As needed of garnishing green coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/2 inch of dalchini / cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of elaichi / cardamom.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 9 cups of water.
Bengali khichuri recipe instructions
- First take the moong dal roast the light brown colour and keep aside.
- Chopped all the vegetables. Soak the rice for 15 minutes…
- Fry two onions brown colour for garnishing..
- In a pan put 2 tsp oil and heat it then add potato fry for 1 minute then add all the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker put oil and ghee and add bay leaves, cloves, cardamom and dalchini,jeera and add onions fry for 2 minutes then add tomatoes fry for one minute then add ginger garlic paste and add red chilli powder c**** powder and haldi powder and fry for few seconds then add fry vegetables and roast moong dal and mix well then add rice and fry for 2 minutes then add water how much you need and last you can add salt to taste and garam masala….
- Close the pressure cooker and take 4 whistles and off the flame and cool it then open and garnish with fried onion and coriander leaves and put one tablespoon ghee. Masala khichdi is ready it is very delicious……..