Recipe: Perfect Stuffed French Toast GR
Stuffed French Toast GR.
You can cook Stuffed French Toast GR using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed French Toast GR
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 4 oz of softened cream cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of fresh sliced fruit.
- It’s 8 oz of matching fruit jam.
- You need of Egg Mixture.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of whipped cream.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare of Rest.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of orange juice.
- You need 6 slice of bread.
- You need 3 dash of powdered sugar.
Stuffed French Toast GR step by step
- Preheat a flat top grill to 400°F. In the mean time, take your cream cheese along with jam of choice, (save some jam about 1/4 cup) mix in small bowl. Until the mixture begins to look like yogurt. Let stand at room temperature..
- In a shallow dish mix together: whipped cream, eggs and milk until the mixture becomes smooth and lump free. Add vanilla and cinnamon stir for another two minutes..
- Use Two slices of bread and the cream cheese mixture. Spread the mixture onto both pieces of bread, layer the fresh fruit on top, like a sandwich. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture ensuring to cover all edges. Place sandwich on hot grill to cook. Repeat 3 times..
- While the sandwiches are cooking, heat a small sauce pan combine rest of jam and orange juice. Mix until smooth and lump free. This will thicken a bit and be used as a drizzle or syrup..
- Flip the sandwiches and make sure to give them enough time to cook both pieces of bread. Turn sandwiches on sides to brown outer edges. Remove from heat once completely cooked. About 5-8 mintues..
- Place sandwiches on plates cut in half, drizzle and dust with powdered sugar..