Recipe: Perfect Eggs in Chili Sauce (Telur Balado)
Eggs in Chili Sauce (Telur Balado).
You can cook Eggs in Chili Sauce (Telur Balado) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggs in Chili Sauce (Telur Balado)
- You need 4 of fresh red cayenne or fresno chili pepper, seeded. If they are too spicy, you can replace them with 2 small red bell pepper, seeded.
- Prepare 1 of red thai chili (optional).
- It’s 6 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomato in juice, drained.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- You need 4 of kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced (optional).
- It’s 100 ml of water.
- Prepare 8 of over easy/sunny side up eggs (most Indonesian use hard boiled eggs).
Eggs in Chili Sauce (Telur Balado) instructions
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor except bayleaf, kaffir lime leaves and eggs, blend into a paste..
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour the spice mixture into the skillet. Stir the bayleaf and kaffir lime leaves. Reduce heat to medium-low, add water. Stirring occasionally and let it simmer until fragrant and the sauce becomes thicker and the colour turns darker. Adjust salt and sugar as needed..
- Add the eggs to the sauce, turning to coat. Cook until the sauce is thickened. Serve with cooked rice..