Recipe: Perfect Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
You can have Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of white bread flour.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat bread flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In a small bowl, disolve a teaspoon of yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and let sit for approximately 10 minutes until mixture starts to bubble..
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup each of white bread flour and whole wheat flour. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix together..
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and using a wooden spoon, mix until you form a dough. Gradually add 1 cup of water as you mix..
- Lightly flour your countertop and hands and knead the dough for 10 minutes..
- Place dough back in bowl. Cover up the bowl and let dough rise for 1 hour..
- Once dough has risen press down on it with your fist to release air that has built up during the rising process..
- Done!! Prepare with your favorite toppings or freeze for up to 3 months..