Recipe: Tasty Ted's Chili
You can cook Ted's Chili using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ted's Chili
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1-2 lb of chuck roast (cubed) or stew meat.
- It’s 29 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 15.25 oz of can kidney beans.
- Prepare 15.25 oz of can white beans.
- It’s 15.25 oz of can black beans.
- Prepare 3 of large bell peppers (diced) assorted colors (optional).
- You need 1 of large onion (diced).
- It’s 8 cloves of garlic (crushed and roughly chopped) or 6 T. minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 4 T. of chili powder.
- You need 2 T. of paprika.
- You need 2 T. of oregano.
- You need 1 T. of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- It’s 1 of lg. bottle V8 juice.
- Prepare 1 T. of liquid smoke (optional).
- You need 2 T. of cocoa powder or 1/4 cup dark chocolate (optional).
- It’s of Juice of one lime (optional).
Ted's Chili instructions
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet, drain grease and add to crockpot or large stew pot..
- Sear the cubed meat until browned on the outside and add to the pot. NOTE: does not have to be cooked through.
- Strain and rinse the beans and add to pot. Also add the canned tomatoes plus the juice..
- Add diced onions and half of the diced peppers to the pot. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Wait until an hour before serving to add the rest of the peppers. NOTE: waiting to add peppers helps to keep their texture…this is optional.
- Top off your crockpot with V8 juice or add about half of the bottle if using an oversized stew pot. Simmer the mixture on low for a few hours. The chili should naturally thicken and the stew meat will become tender..
- NOTE: For spicier chili, feel free to add a small can of chipotle peppers or diced jalapeños. Other optional ingredients I like to occasionally add include sweet corn, poblano peppers, diced carrots, etc..