Recipe: Tasty Nachos with leftover eye of round chili
Nachos with leftover eye of round chili. I made the Super Loaded Chili Potato Skins last night and had just a little bit of the Hormel chili left over. I wanted to scale down this nacho recipe for only one person today so I used all the ingredients listed but didn't measure. This makes a wonderful quick late-night snack, and it's a great way to use up any leftover chili I freeze some of my chili just to make this recipe — I sprinkle finely chopped jalapeno peppers on top of second layer of cheese, but that is only.
With our current economic times, I bet it's better to reduce waste in all aspects of our lives including food. Crumble the leftover Nachos and add to the pan that has orange bell pepper. I basically crushed the leftover nachos using a make shit mortar and pestle and then drained it of excess liquids (the pico de gallo salsa was the biggest wildcard). You can have Nachos with leftover eye of round chili using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nachos with leftover eye of round chili
- Prepare 1 pound of Doritos nacho cheese chips.
- You need 1 pound of shredded lettuce.
- You need 1 of large tomato.
- You need 1-1/2 quarts of eye of round chili see my recipe.
- Prepare 2 cups of sharp shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of large avocado.
- It’s To taste of salt, avocado.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of lime juice, avocado.
- You need 1-1/3 pound of ground chuck.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Well, as close to heaven as you can come when dealing with leftover nachos. A very nice chili and some great nachos. Pro Tips : Recipe Notes for Crock Pot Shredded Chili and Eat straight up as chili or make some impressive nachos. This should also reheat great or freeze.
Nachos with leftover eye of round chili instructions
- Brown the beef with salt and garlic. Stir to keep meat loose and not in clumps. When browned add the chili..
- When heated add Doritos to a plate. Mash the avocado add in the lime juice and salt..
- Dice the tomato. Add lettuce and tomatoes. Add the chili..
- Add cheese, avocado, and sour cream. Serve, I hope you enjoy!!!.
I frequently will just use stew meat. But if you substitute a lean beaf like eye of round or sirloin, it won't. Leftovers Nachos, wherein you pile leftovers onto chips and cover them in melted cheese, is a little trick my mom employed frequently during my childhood. She was a physician who worked full-time and then rushed home to make dinner for me and my younger brother, so she relied on quick meals. These nachos have it all: cheesy chips layered with salsa-covered chicken and black beans, topped Bake the nachos until the cheese is melted and the chips around the edges are beginning to brown Meghan approaches food with an eye towards budgeting — both time and money — and having fun.