Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Old fashioned meatloaf
Old fashioned meatloaf.
You can cook Old fashioned meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old fashioned meatloaf
- Prepare of 80/20 ground beef.
- It’s of sleeve crushed butter crackers, I used Ritz.
- You need of I egg, beaten.
- You need of heaping tbsp minced onion.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of season salt.
- It’s of each onion and garlic powder.
- You need of ketchup.
- It’s of Tangy ketchup mix:.
- It’s of ketchup.
- You need of heaping tbsp brown sugar.
- Prepare of heaping tbsp soy sauce.
- You need of Pepper, onion and garlic powders.
Old fashioned meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the meat with the next 8 ingredients. I use my clean hands to stir my meat mixture. I fold it over and over itself until it just fully combines. Don’t over mix it..
- In a glass baking dish shape your meat into an evenly shaped rectangle so it cooks evenly. My loaf usually rounds out a bit during baking. Slide it into the oven and bake uncovered 45 minutes..
- In the meantime, make your ketchup mixture. Combine all the ingredients and whisk. After 45 minutes, take the loaf out of the oven and spoon a heavy layer on top of the meatloaf to the edges. Bake 15-20 minutes longer, uncovered..
- Pull your meatloaf out of the oven and move it to a platter. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing. I like extra sauce spooned over my slice..