Recipe: Tasty Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce
Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce. Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles. Adjust the amount of chopped chiles to suit your taste! Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce.
Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. I also added a bit of cumin to the chicken. You can have Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce
- You need of Whole rotisserie chicken.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded cheese.
- You need 10-12 of large flour or corn tortillas or 16 smaller ones.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 6 Tablespoons of butter.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Mexican oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped green chili with liquid.
- It’s of Milk (add to desired consistency as sauce thickens 1-2 cups).
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
Additionally, I used corn tortillas instead of flour for the proper consistency. I made the meal as an enchilada. Baked Green Chili Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe. Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Made with Chicken, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese And More Stuffed Into A Soft Flour Tortilla.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili cream sauce step by step
- Remove all meat from the chicken, discarding bones and skin. You should get 4-6 cups of meat when diced..
- Mix 2 cups of cheese with the diced chicken and set aside..
- For the sauce: melt butter in a large pan. Add flour and spices and whisk over medium heat for a few minutes until flour is cooked..
- Add the chicken broth and green chilies. Whisk over medium heat and add milk until you get a nice sauce consistency. Medium thick is what I went for..
- Add the sour cream. Adjust seasonings to your taste..
- Place about a cup of sauce in the bottom of large baking dish. You may need 2 baking dishes. I used one large lasagna pan and one medium sized one..
- Fill the tortillas with about 1/2 cup of chicken and cheese down the center and roll up. Place seam side down in the pan and continue process until chicken is gone..
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining 2 cups of cheese..
- Bake at 425 F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and nicely golden brown on top..
These Are The Creamiest Chicken Enchiladas You Will Ever Find! A super easy and simple enchilada recipe with a heavenly creamy white sauce that's completely homemade! I'm always in the mood for enchiladas but I always feel a little bit guilty Then you make the sauce by starting with a roux and then adding some chicken broth, sour cream, and green chiles. This chicken enchilada dish will not disappoint. It is a bubbling cheesy chicken wonder.