Easiest Way to Make Delicious Egg-In-A-Hole French Toast
Egg-In-A-Hole French Toast.
You can have Egg-In-A-Hole French Toast using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg-In-A-Hole French Toast
- It’s 4 slices of bread (I used the sweet Hawaiian bread).
- You need 4 tbsp. of butter, divided.
- It’s 8 of large eggs, divided.
- You need 1/2 c. of milk.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 c. of shredded white Cheddar.
- You need 1 tbsp. of finely chopped chives, for garnish.
Egg-In-A-Hole French Toast step by step
- Use a small glass or a biscuit cutter to cut big holes from the center of each bread slice. Toast the centers to use as dippers..
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter..
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 eggs and milk. Season mixture with salt and pepper then stir in cheese. Dunk each slice of bread into the mixture to coat, then shake off excess egg mixture and place in hot pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients, working in batches if not all slices fit in the pan..
- Cook until golden, about 2 minutes, then flip and crack an egg into each slice. Season egg with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until the egg is cooked to your liking, about 4 minutes for medium..
- Remove from heat and garnish with chives. Serve warm with the reserved toasted centers..