How to Prepare Tasty Nasi Lemak – A Malaysian Story
Nasi Lemak – A Malaysian Story.
You can cook Nasi Lemak – A Malaysian Story using 36 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nasi Lemak – A Malaysian Story
- You need of A. Chili Sambal.
- It’s 2 c of blended onions (see note 1).
- You need 1 c of chili paste (see note 2).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thick tamarind juice.
- Prepare of (See note 3).
- It’s 25 g of coconut/palm sugar (or more, for a sweeter sambal).
- You need 1 tsp of chicken seasoning powder (or as needed).
- Prepare of B. The Rice.
- It’s 5 c of Basmathi Rice.
- You need 2 stalks of lemon grass – bruised.
- It’s 10 cm of cut into.
- You need 5 Slices of young ginger.
- Prepare 270 g of coconut cream – use AYAM BRAND, see pic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of C. Basic accompaniments.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber – sliced.
- Prepare of Dried Anchovies – fried until crispy.
- It’s of Raw peanuts – toasted until done in a wok with a tbsp of oil.
- It’s of Eggs – boiled or fried.
- You need of Notes:.
- It’s 1 of . Blended onions.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 1 big brown onion.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 1 shallot.
- You need of 👉🏻 4 garlic.
- It’s of 👉🏻 4 candlenuts or cashewnuts.
- It’s of 👉🏻 a thumb size belacan/terasi/shrimp paste.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 Blend with 1/3 c of water or as needed.
- It’s of 👉🏻 make into 2 cups of thick paste.
- It’s 2 of . Chili Paste.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 Use a bowl of both mild and hot dried chillies (mixed).
- You need of 👉🏻 Dried Chillies then cut and soak in hot water to soften.
- You need of 👉🏻 Next, blend softened chilies with enough water (1/3 c) until fine. Make into a cup of thick paste.
- You need 3 of . Tamarind juice.
- It’s of 👉🏻 Use a thumb size of seedless tamarind paste.
- It’s of 👉🏻 Soak in 2 tbsp of hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 Use a tbsp for this recipe.
Nasi Lemak – A Malaysian Story instructions
- A. Chili Sambal – Heat 1/2 c of oil (plus extra 1/4 c) in a heated wok. Saute 2 cups of blended onions until aromatic. Add a cup of chilli paste and cook on medium heat until oil is separated from the paste. Add tamarind juice, coconut sugar and chicken seasoning powder. Keep stirring until this pale looking paste mixture turns into a dark and thick sambal paste. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly before removing sambal from the heat..
- B. The Rice – In a rice pot, Wash rice until water is no longer looking cloudy. Drain the water. Place all ingredients in B and mix well with the rice. Measure the level of liquid in the rice pot and then add sufficient water to cook rice. Cook rice as usual. Once cooked, fluff the rice with a chopstick. Note: you can add few cuts of pandan leaves to the rice pot when cooking the rice..
- C. Basic Accompaniments – prepare all accompaniments. Serve with Sambal, rice and the rest of the side dishes or the accompaniments..