How to Cook Delicious Maharashtrian Vangi Bhaat
Maharashtrian Vangi Bhaat.
You can have Maharashtrian Vangi Bhaat using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Maharashtrian Vangi Bhaat
- You need 1 cup of Basmati rice, soaked for an hour.
- It’s 4-5 of long eggplants, chopped to 1" pieces.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of asafoetida.
- It’s 1 of Sprig curry leaves.
- It’s 8-10 of peppercorns.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of goda masala (see below for the recipe).
- Prepare 12-15 of fried cashewnuts.
- You need of coriander leaves to garnish.
- Prepare of For Goda Masala.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of green cardamoms.
- It’s 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of dry red chilies.
- It’s 3 tbsp of fresh grated coconut.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
Maharashtrian Vangi Bhaat step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the asafoetida, peppercorns and the curry leaves..
- Now add the chopped eggplants, turmeric powder and salt and saute till light brown. Add the rice, half of the cashew nuts, goda masala and 1 1/2 cups water..
- Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Remove when cool and serve, garnished with cashew nuts and coriander leaves..
- Goda Masala – Dry roast the coconut first till golden brown. Keep aside. Then roast all the other ingredients for a minute on low flame. When cool, grind them into a powder and store in an air tight container..