Recipe: Perfect Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes
Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes.
You can cook Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes
- Prepare 2 of large potatoes (or 3 medium will do).
- It’s 2 of apples ( I used Fuji for this recipe; use any type. Granny Smith, Red delicious etc.).
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 4 of green onion scallions chopped thinly.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 of oil for frying ( olive oil, canola).
- You need 1 of sour cream for topping.
Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes step by step
- Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water. Peel, and then rinse your potatoes. Grate by hand your potatoes; or with your food processor grater. Place grated potatoes immediately into bowl of cold water. Repeat same steps with your 2 apples; peel, grate and place into bowl of cold water with potatoes. So to keep them from browning..
- Drain grated potatoes and apples. Press as much water as you can from mixture. In medium bowl mix grated potatoes/apples, onion, cheese, eggs, flour, salt, white pepper, cayenne and cajun seasoning. Stir to combine..
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Drop dollops of batter (about 4) into pan. Press down on potato batter to form small pancakes, leave some space between so you can flip them. Fry both sides until a nice golden to medium brown. You may add more oil to pan in between batches if needed..
- If pancakes seem oily place them onto a paper towel..
- Serve pancakes topped with sour cream or a hollandaise sauce..