Recipe: Delicious Classic French Toast
Classic French Toast.
You can have Classic French Toast using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic French Toast
- It’s 1 cup of milk or half and half- (more fat :).
- Prepare 2 of each eggs.
- You need 4 ounces of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need pinch of salt — optional.
- Prepare 8 pieces of Texas toast bread- 1 inch thick (I also use French bread cut on bias 1 inch or we have used day old croissants).
- You need as needed of pan spray.
Classic French Toast instructions
- Preheat griddle 325 F or have a large saute pan at a moderate heat..
- Combine milk, egg, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, in a medium mixing bowl..
- Whisk vigorously and beat well 1 minute..
- Place bread in egg mixture, make sure mixture is absorbed thoroughly on both sides. Spray pan spray on to the cooking surface and place in the pan, lightly press in the center. Turn when golden brown on one side and finish the other side..
- Remove; cut on a diagonal…can be topped with powdered sugar jams or syrup of your choice:).