Recipe: Yummy Bacon wrapped Meatloaf
Bacon wrapped Meatloaf.
You can have Bacon wrapped Meatloaf using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon wrapped Meatloaf
- Prepare of – Ground beef.
- It’s of – medium yellow onion – minced.
- You need of – cloves of garlic – minced.
- You need of – carrot – grated.
- It’s of lg – egg – beaten.
- Prepare of – saltine crackers – crumbled.
- It’s of Salt & ground black pepper –.
- Prepare of bacon.
Bacon wrapped Meatloaf instructions
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl except for the bacon (At this point feel free to add other spices or veggies, just make sure the consistency is about the same so it holds together.).
- Lay out 7-8 of your bacon slices on a cutting board or on some wax paper on the counter. Make sure each slice over laps just a bit. (also you can weave the bacon like I did…either works).
- Form the meat mixture into a long cylinder as long as the laid out bacon slices, place the shaped meat mixture onto the bacon and wrap each end with one of the left over slices of bacon so they cover the ends that the laid out bacon won’t cover..
- Next wrap the meatloaf with the bacon it is laying on until it is completely covered..
- Place the meat loaf on a broiler pan or on a wire rack in a baking dish so the fat will drip down and not make the meatloaf soggy as it cooks..
- Place the meat loaf in its pan into an oven preheated to 375F for about 45 minutes to an hour or so. The time will depend on your oven and the size of your meatloaf. Cook until a meat thermometer reads 160F – 170F or until it is no longer pink in the middle. Mine took an hour..
- When it is done take it out and cover in foil and let it rest for ten minutes while you get all of your sides ready..
- Cut and serve :).