Recipe: Perfect Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole
Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole.
You can cook Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole
- Prepare 3 of # raw spaghetti squash or 2# cooked.
- It’s 1 of # ground Turkey.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 T of chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp powder).
- Prepare 1 T of fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dried).
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 C of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 C of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 1/2 T of lime juice (1/2 lime).
- You need 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 C of Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 1/2 C of queso fresco cheese, grated.
- You need of Prepared squash (I used).
Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut open raw squash lengthwise, steam or roast for an hour. When ready, remove 3C of strands with a fork, set aside. You can use the shell for serving if desired..
- In a medium nonstick pan, brown the turkey for 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Add the chipotle peppers, cumin,tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, S&P, garlic, oregano and broth. Mix all together and stir well; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes..
- Sprinkle the spaghetti strands with S&P and place in a 9×13 casserole dish or the emptied shells..
- Pour the turkey chili mixture over the spaghetti. Spoon the yogurt over the chili and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered, or until heated through..