Recipe: Delicious Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping
Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping.
You can cook Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping
- It’s of APPLES.
- It’s 4 of large firm apples, I used Cortland.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of salted butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of TOFFEE / OAT STRUSEL.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Toffee bits, I used Heath bits pictured in direction step #7.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of old fashioned oats.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of apple pie spice.
- You need 2 tbsp of salted butter, cold cut into cubes.
- It’s of SERVING.
- Prepare 1 of recipe of my Salted Caramel Sauce, recipe attached in direction step #9.
- Prepare of vanilla ice cream.
Hasselback Apples with Toffee / Oat Strusel Topping instructions
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a baking dish big enough to hold apples in one layer with non stick spray.
- Cut apples in half lengthwise through stem. Peel and remove core, keeping apple half intact. Place each apple half cut side down on cutting board. Place chop sticks or wooden spoon handles on each side of apple and make thin slices down apple using the chopsticks as a way not to cut all the way throughapple.
- Combine the light brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Place apples , cut side down in prepare d pan, brush apples with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake about 20 minutes until apples are just tender.
- Combine Strusel ingredients , mix flour, brown sugar, toffee bits, oats and apple pie spice. Add cold butter and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly over apples, return to oven and cook 20 more minutes until strusel is crisp.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355600-salted-caramel-sauce.