Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Meatloaf
You can cook Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- Prepare of white bread, crust cut off.
- Prepare of shallots, chopped finely.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of garlic, pressed.
- It’s of minced beef.
- Prepare of best minced pork.
- It’s of egg.
- Prepare of pancetta, chopped, plus 5-6 more slices to wrap the meatloaf.
- It’s of a bunch of parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of grated Parmesan.
- You need of crème fraiche.
- Prepare of dry mustard.
- Prepare of zest grated from 1 lemon.
- You need of For the glaze:.
- It’s of maple syrup.
- You need of Dijon mustard.
- Whiz the bread slices in a blender into fine breadcrumbs. Heat a knob of butter in a small skillet, add the shallots and cook on low heat until translucent and softened. At the end of cooking add the garlic and stir in. Place all the ingredients apart from the pancetta slices reserved for wrapping in a large bowl and mix thoroughly, best using your hands. Turn out onto a wooden board, wet your hands and form a tight loaf..
- Wrap the pancetta slices around the loaf, stretching them gently if necessary, and tuck underneath. Place the loaf on a baking tray and chill for at least 15 minutes..
- Shaping meatloaf Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5. Mix the Dijon mustard with the maple syrup for the glaze. Brush the loaf thickly with the mixture and bake for about 50 minutes, basting with the remaining glaze until it’s used up. Turn the heat up to maximum and let the meatloaf brown and crispen on top, for about 10 minutes. Let it rest in a warm place loosely covered with aluminium foil for 15 minutes before slicing and serving..