Recipe: Delicious Crunchy French Toast
Crunchy French Toast.
You can have Crunchy French Toast using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crunchy French Toast
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 loaf of French bread.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 cup of dry breakfast cereal.
Crunchy French Toast step by step
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, & salt..
- Crush dry cereal with rolling pin. Cereal is your choice – I used Honey Bunches of Oats. Other ideas can be corn flakes, cinnamon toast crunch, etc. Crush cereal a little bit, you want some chunks so cereal is discernible after baking..
- Dip bread in egg mixture. Make sure it's well soaked. Then, roll in dry cereal. Press cereal into each slice..
- Throw in freezer to firm up, about an hour..
- Heat oven to 425°..
- Bake 10 min & flip pieces over. Bake another 10 min or so..
- Serve with syrup or go fancy with fresh fruit & whipped topping..