Recipe: Yummy Not your mom's meatloaf
Not your mom's meatloaf.
You can have Not your mom's meatloaf using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Not your mom's meatloaf
- You need 3 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 1 pound of grass fed, organic lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 pound of organic lean ground turkey.
- It’s 1 can of low sodium diced or crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper (green, red or yellow) diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole oats.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 2 cups of cooked lentils.
Not your mom's meatloaf step by step
- Place diced carrots in a pot of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes to soften them while you are mixing other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 13 x 9" baking dish with parchment paper Place another piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl. It is best to do this with clean bare hands to make sure it is mixed well.
- When carrots are lightly steamed, drain and add to mixture.
- Remove mixture from bowl emplace onto the extra piece of parchment paper. Divide mixture in half, forming 2 loaves.
- Place one loaf on baking dish, and cook for one hour.
- Wrap other loaf with parchment paper then wrap with plastic wrap or foil, and freeze for another day.