Recipe: Perfect Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy
Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy.
You can have Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 c of ground golden flaxseeds.
- It’s 2 c of carrots, shredded.
- You need 1 of med. onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- It’s 1 tap of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 strips of bacon.
- You need 2 T of EVOO, coconut oil or butter.
- It’s 4 oz of button mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 c of beef broth.
- You need 2 c of carrots, shredded.
Bacon-topped Meatloaf with Mushrooms and Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large bowl, combine beef, pork, eggs, flaxseeds, carrots, onion, bell pepper, salt abd pepper. Spread evenly in a 9×13 pan. Lay bacon strips on top, cover with foil and bake 1 hour..
- In skillet, heat oil ir butter. Cook mushrooms. Remove from heat and set aside..
- After baking meatloaf an hour, remove from oven. Remove foil and pour drippings into skillet with mushrooms. Return meatloaf to oven uncovered, cook for 30 min or until thermometer inserted is 160°F and meat no longer pink..
- Place mushroom mixture over low heat and add broth. Add coconut flour 1 T at a time until desired thickness. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Slice meatloaf and serve topped with gravy..