How to Prepare Tasty My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread
My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread.
You can cook My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread
- Prepare of Cookie dough:.
- You need 220 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 110 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 large of Egg.
- Prepare 35 grams of Grated cheese.
- Prepare of Bread dough:.
- You need 170 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 80 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of Salt.
- It’s 25 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- It’s 180 ml of when combined with egg Milk.
- It’s 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 1 of Granulated sugar.
My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread instructions
- To make the cookie dough, combined the softened butter with the sugar and egg and mix with a hand mixer until pale. Then add the grated cheese and mix again..
- Sift in the cake flour in 3 goes, mixing on a low speed with a hand mixer until the second addition. For the last addition mix in well with a whisk or spatula until the dough comes together into a ball..
- When the dough comes together place it on some cling film and shape into a 25 cm log. Wrap and chill in the fridge..
- To make the bread dough place all of the ingredients other than the sugar into the bread maker, set it to the bread dough course and allow it to progress until the first proofing..
- Once proved, punch the dough down gently and separate into 12 balls. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Once rested, punch down more vigorously and re-shape..
- Take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and cut into 12 pieces with a scraper or something similar..
- Form the cut cookie dough into balls and in the palm of your hand make it so the centre of the dough is thicker than the outer edges. Roll the cookie dough out until it's larger than the bread dough..
- Rest a piece of bread dough on top of the cookie dough and wrap the cookie dough around the bread dough until only a 2-3 cm area is left uncovered..
- Fill a plate with sugar and roll the melon bread in it to give a sugar coating. With a scraper, carve 4 lines vertically and horizontally to create the traditional melon bread pattern..
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and line the melon bread up on top. Put everything including the pan into a plastic bag and leave to prove for a second time for 60 minutes at a room temperature under 35°C..
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and once heated, bake the melon bread at 180°C for 15 minutes..
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave the melon bread on the baking tray. Drop the baking tray onto the counter at a height to remove any excess air. Take the melon bread off the tray, along with the parchment paper, and leave to cool. (When you can touch the melon bread without it being too hot, the melon bread should come away from the baking sheet easily)..
- If just carving lines in your melon bread is too boring, spice things up a bit with hearts and stars with cookie cutters! You can engrave in names as well!.