Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Chilli con carne
Chilli con carne.
You can have Chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chilli con carne
- You need 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of heap tbsp Mexican chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of hot paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1-28 oz of can whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 1-15 oz of can kidney beans, rinsed.
- Prepare 1-12 oz of can sweet corn.
- It’s 1 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
Chilli con carne instructions
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pot on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry for 10 – 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked and browned. Add the onion and continue cooking another 10 minutes until the onions start to caramelize and the meat starts to crisp..
- Stir the garlic and tomato paste into the pot and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef stock and let simmer until the stock's absorbed and the meat mixture is mostly dry again..
- Stir the spices into the pot. Give them a minute to warm through, then add the tomatoes. Crush them in your hand as you drop them into the pot, and be sure to add the tomato liquid from the can as well. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the beans, corn and molasses. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the chilli is no longer watery. Stir in the maple syrup and add extra salt as needed to finish..